Bank of England (BOE) Governor Mark Carney is crossing the wires, saying that the possibility of a rate hike had definitely increased.
Key quotes (via Reuters):
- Price rises have been entirely result of falling sterling due to Brexit
- I see shift in balancing act for BoE
- We will take decision on rates based on data
- Possibility of a rate hike has definitely increased
- Talking about a modest adjustment in interest rates
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.