Cryptocurrency market update: Bitcoin real market dominance is 90% leaving altcoins with a mere 10%


  • To get the real market value for Bitcoin’s dominance, liquidity cannot be ignored.
  • The real Bitcoin dominance is 20% higher than what is currently accepted in the industry.

New research is showing some interesting features regarding the total market capitalization in the cryptocurrency market. The report published by Forbes on August 22 claims that Bitcoin has a 90% dominance in the market.

This is a divergent revelation as most data aggregators place Bitcoin dominance at 70% leaving altcoins with 30%. However, the new report from Arcane Research says that theirs is the real value.

Arcane Research argues that to get the real market value for Bitcoin’s dominance, liquidity cannot be ignored.

“One might be able to sell one token for 3 dollars, but what happens if you want to sell 1 million? Without accounting for liquidity, market capitalization becomes a meaningless measure,” Arcane Research wrote.

Read also: Bitcoin will be worth a lot more in 5 years: Spewncer Bogart to Bloomberg

With this in mind, the researches utilized trading volume as an indicator of dominance. However, the researchers said that there is a need for a complex measure that can be used to get more granular results.

Bitcoin price update

Bitcoin price has remained largely unchanged compared to the recently published price analysis. The several attempts are still failing tom sustain gains above $10,000. If this continues, Bitcoin risks plunging lower as bulls lose interest in the battle.

 

 

Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.

Cryptos feed

Latest Crypto News & Analysis

Editors’ Picks

Bitcoin Cash market update: $310 is still unconquered despite a weekend surge

Bitcoin Cash has extended the higher low pattern after impressively chest thumping its way above the $300 pivotal level. A look at the hourly chart for BCH/USD trading pair shows an up trending market in the last couple of weeks. 

More Bitcoin Cash News

Litecoin price analysis: LTC/USD reclaims $70 support amid broad-based crypto recovery

Litecoin is among the weekend biggest gainers alongside Ethereum and Bitcoin Cash. The altcoins are said to be fighting to find their path away from Bitcoin. The largest cryptoasset is hovering above $10,300 as discussed in an earlier published analysis.

More Litecoin News

The cryptocurrency market update: Bitcoin observes the range, altcoins way for triggers

Bitcoin and all major altcoins have been range-bound with a bullish bias. The total market capitalization stays edged towards to $267 billion, average daily trading settled at $44 billion, while Bitcoin's market dominance retreated below $70.0% to 69.4%.

More Cryptocurrencies News

Ripple market update: XRP/USD settles above $0.2600, upside momentum fading away

Ripple’s XRP, the third-largest digital asset with the current market capitalization of $11.3 billion, made its way above $0.2600 barrier to trade at $0.2630 at the time of writing. 

More Ripple News

BEST CRYPTO BROKERS/EXCHANGES

Bitcoin Weekly Forecast: Rangebound trading and September blues come upon the crypto market

Bitcoin finishes the week with marginal losses. The first digital currency recovered from the recent low of $9,886 but stayed in the red zone as of the end of the week.

Read the weekly forecast

BTC

ETH

XRP