- The ECB held monetary policy steady but tweaked its guidance to reflect its recently-hiked inflation target. It has committed to purchasing 1.85 trillion euros of bonds until March 2022 as part of its PEPP.
- Weekly jobless claims unexpectedly moved higher despite hopes that the U.S. labour market is poised for a strong recovery heading into the fall. Initial filings for unemployment insurance totalled 419,000 for the week ended July 17.
- India’s forex reserves rose by USD 835 million to touch USD 612.73 billion in the week ended on July 16, 2021.
USDINR Weekly performance & Outlook
- The USDINR pair made a gap up opening at 74.74 during the eventful week. The pair finally closed the week at 74.40 levels.
- Some foreign banks were said to have sold dollars likely for inflows into Indian companies looking to raise funds through offshore investors, which supported the Indian rupee.
- Indian Rupee has been a relative outperformer given that the COVID situation has been under control and the pace of vaccinations is higher compared to other countries in the region. Inflows on account of record Initial Public Offerings in July have also supported the Rupee.
- The Reserve Bank of India stated that it is working towards a phased implementation strategy for its digital currency and examining use cases where it can be deployed with little disruption.
- At Friday’s weekly bond auction, yields on the new 10-year benchmark 6.10%-2031 bonds rose after the RBI partially devolved the benchmark bonds on PDs.
- The FOMC policy late Wednesday evening is the major risk event this week. We do not expect any major changes in the policy statement. The Fed would continue to focus on recovery in the labour market.
- The USDINR pair is likely to trade with a sideways bias in the week ahead and is likely to trade in a range of 74.10-75.10 in the coming week.
This report has been prepared by IFA Global. IFA Global shall not be in any way responsible for any loss or damage that may arise to any person from any inadvertent error in the information contained in this report. IFA Global nor any of directors, employees, agents or representatives shall be held liable for any damages whether direct, indirect, special or consequential including lost revenue or lost profits that may arise from or in connection with the use of the information. No liability whatsoever is accepted for any loss arising (whether direct or consequential) from any use of the information contained in this report. This statement, prepared specifically at the addressee(s) request is for information contained in this statement. All market prices, service taxes and other levies are subject to change without notice. Also the value, income, appreciation, returns, yield of any of the securities or any other financial instruments mentioned in this statement are based on current market conditions and as per the last details available with us and subject to change. The levels and bases of, and reliefs from, taxation can change. The securities / units / other instruments mentioned in this report may or may not be live at the time of statement generation. Please note, however, that some data has been derived from sources that we believe to be reliable but is not guaranteed. Please review this information for accuracy as IFA Global cannot be responsible for omitted or misstated data. IFA Global is not liable for any delay in the receipt of this statement. This information is strictly confidential and is being furnished to you solely for your information. This information should not be reproduced or redistributed or passed on directly or indirectly in any form to any other person or published, copied, in whole or in part, for any purpose. This report is not directed or intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity who is a citizen or resident of or located in any locality, state, country or other jurisdiction, where such distribution, publication, availability or use would be contrary to law, regulation or which would subject IFA Global to any registration or licensing requirements within such jurisdiction. The information given in this report is as of the date of this report and there can be no assurance that future results or events will be consistent with this information. IFA Global reserves the right to make modifications and alterations to this statement as may be required from time to time. However, IFA Global is under no obligation to update or keep the information current. Nevertheless, IFA Global is committed to providing independent and transparent information to its client and would be happy to provide any information in response to specific client queries. Neither IFA Global nor any of its directors, employees, agents or representatives shall be liable for any damages whether direct, indirect, special or consequential including lost revenue or lost profits that may arise from or in connection with the use of the information. The information provided in these report remains, unless otherwise stated, the copyright of IFA Global. All layout, design, original artwork, concepts and other Intellectual Properties, remains the property and copyright IFA Global and may not be used in any form or for any purpose whatsoever by any party without the express written permission of the copyright holders.