The single European currency for the second day in a row shows signs of stabilization but has not yet managed to register a stronger reaction.

During yesterday's day with the opening of the new week and European currency tried to create a mild upward trend which brought it close to the level of 1.07 but without managing to secure it.

Τhe echo of the previous week with the decision of the European Central Bank to raise interest rates but to limit the aggressive tone as most likely that the cycle of raising key interest rates has closed,  it remains in the atmosphere and continues to act as a counterweight on single European currency.

At the same time the international stock markets without showing signs of collapse are under question, there are liquidations and the slight climate of uncertainty certainly favors the US currency for now.

On today's agenda, the announcement on last revision for inflation in the eurozone stands out, where no surprises are expected. While later in noon we have the announcement for Housing Starts and Building Permits in US.

It is logical that all interest is concentrated on Fed's decision tomorrow about to increase or not the key interest rates with the bets being concentrated in favor of no increase but without excluding the surprise.

While It is very likely that the market will show more sensitivity to President Jerome Powell's statements and to the forecasts for the next moves of the Fed.

Although tomorrow carries significant risks and the possibility of more pressure on the euro remains in play I prefer to hold positions in favor of the euro for now as yesterday's mild reaction I feel is not enough.

Note: All information on this page is subject to change. The use of this website constitutes acceptance of our user agreement. Please read our privacy policy and legal disclaimer. Opinions expressed at FXstreet.com are those of the individual authors and do not necessarily represent the opinion of FXstreet.com or its management. Risk Disclosure: Trading foreign exchange on margin carries a high level of risk, and may not be suitable for all investors. The high degree of leverage can work against you as well as for you. Before deciding to invest in foreign exchange you should carefully consider your investment objectives, level of experience, and risk appetite. The possibility exists that you could sustain a loss of some or all of your initial investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with foreign exchange trading, and seek advice from an independent financial advisor if you have any doubts.

Recommended Content


Recommended Content

Editors’ Picks

EUR/USD struggles to recover above 1.0900 as markets remain cautious

EUR/USD struggles to recover above 1.0900 as markets remain cautious

EUR/USD stays on the back foot and trades below 1.0900 following Thursday's sharp decline. Dovish comments from European Central Bank officials and the risk-averse market atmosphere make it difficult for the pair to stage a rebound on Friday.

EUR/USD News

GBP/USD falls toward 1.2900, looks to post weekly losses

GBP/USD falls toward 1.2900, looks to post weekly losses

GBP/USD continues to push lower toward 1.2900 in the American session on Friday. Disappointing Retail Sales data from the UK, combined with the US Dollar (USD) recovery amid souring mood, causes the pair to stay under bearish pressure ahead of the weekend.

GBP/USD News

Gold extends daily slide, trades near $2,400

Gold extends daily slide, trades near $2,400

Gold's correction from the record-high set earlier in the week deepens on Friday. With the US Dollar (USD) benefiting from safe-haven flows and the 10-year US yield holding steady above 4.2%, XAU/USD tests $2,400 and looks to post small weekly losses

Gold News

Top 10 crypto market movers as Bitcoin and Ethereum hold steady ahead of $1.8 billion options expiry

Top 10 crypto market movers as Bitcoin and Ethereum hold steady ahead of $1.8 billion options expiry

Bitcoin and Ethereum hold steady above $64,000 and $3,400 as $1.8 billion in options expire on Friday. WazirX hack of $230 million potentially linked to Lazarus Group ushers correction in Shiba Inu, among other assets. 

Read more

Week ahead – Flash PMIs, US GDP and BoC decision on tap

Week ahead – Flash PMIs, US GDP and BoC decision on tap

US data awaited amid overly dovish Fed rate cut bets. July PMIs to reveal how economies entered H2. BoC decides on monetary policy, may cut rates again.

Read more

Majors

Cryptocurrencies

Signatures