U.S. Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin is crossing the wires in the last minutes, via Reuters, saying that massive tax reforms along with tax cuts are currently being planned.
Key quotes (via Reuters):
- Tax reforms to be done this year
- U.S. tax receipts are little lower than Anticipated
- We Are Fine Through Start of September on debt cap
- Would encourage Congress to raise debt cap quickly
- Ultra long bonds under very serious consideration
- Right thing for Fed to get out large portfolio
- Should change system so debt limit rises with spending
- Treasury is firmly committed on North Korea sanctions program
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these securities. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Forex involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.