Additional comments from British Brexit Secretary Barclay continue to cross the wires with key quotes, via Reuters, found below.
- In a no deal scenario EU commission says it doesn't want side deals.
- In a possible no deal scenario there has been support from some parts of Europe for side deal on citizens rights.
- There is an underappreciation that no deal can still happen.
- There is no automatic right of extension.
- When asked if he can absolutely say that no deal Brexit will not happen, says no.
- In a choice between no deal and revoke, my personal position would be to prepare for no deal.
- A responsible government has to mitigate a no deal Brexit.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of FXStreet nor its advertisers.