Prime Minister Theresa May recently signaled a reversal on a key Brexit policy regarding the future of EU migrants within the UK during the Brexit transition period, as reported by The Times in London.
- EU citizens in Britain during the Brexit transition period will be allowed to stay permanently under the current negotiating plan.
- Three weeks ago May announced that EU residents staying in Britain after March of next year wouldn't have same rights as those who came earlier.
- Policy reversal comes after Brussels warned that not letting EU citizens stay following transition breaches free-movement rules.
- Hard-line Brexiteers are expected to be furious with the move, seeing it as another blow to the UK's sovereignty.
- The overall position of Britain to be made clear following Prime Minister's speech next week.
- EU heads in Brussels have already rejected May's 'three baskets' approach to post-Brexit economic regulations.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of FXStreet nor its advertisers. The author will not be held responsible for information that is found at the end of links posted on this page.
If not otherwise explicitly mentioned in the body of the article, at the time of writing, the author has no position in any stock mentioned in this article and no business relationship with any company mentioned. The author has not received compensation for writing this article, other than from FXStreet.
FXStreet and the author do not provide personalized recommendations. The author makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or suitability of this information. FXStreet and the author will not be liable for any errors, omissions or any losses, injuries or damages arising from this information and its display or use. Errors and omissions excepted.
The author and FXStreet are not registered investment advisors and nothing in this article is intended to be investment advice.