According to Reuters, OPEC in its outlook for the second half of the year expects significant downside risks to remain from trade disputes spilling over to global demand growth.
- Global oil demand growth forecast to 1.14 million bpd (prev. Forecast 1.21 million bpd).
- Sees 2019 demand for its crude averaging 30.52 mln bpd, down 60,000 bpd from prev. forecast.
- Leaves 2019 non-OPEC oil supply growth forecast at 2.14 million bpd.
- Citing secondary sources, says its May oil output fell by 236,000 bpd m/m to 29.88 mln bpd on lower supply from Iran and supply.
- OECD oil inventories rose by 25 mln barrels m/m in April and stood 7.6 mln barrels above latest 5-year average.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.