BoJ gov Kuroda is crossing the wires and has said that Japan's economy has been expanding moderately as a trend, though exports, output, business sentiment have been affected by overseas slowdown and natural disasters.
- Japan's economy likely to continue expanding moderately as a trend, though affected by overseas slowdown for time being.
- Consumer inflation is moving around 0.5%
- Consumer inflation to accelerate gradually towards 2% on positive output gap and rises in inflation expectations while being affected by decline in oil prices for time being.
- Japan's financial system is maintaining stability.
- BoJ will maintain QQE with yield curve control for as long as needed to achieve 2% inflation in stable manner.
- BoJ will continue expanding monetary base until consumer inflation stably exceeds 2%.
- BoJ expects short-, long-term rates to remain at current or lower levels as long as necessary.
- Won't hesitate to take additional easing steps if risks grow that momentum towards achieving price target will be lost.
There are no reactions to these statements for it is all much of the same and already price in.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of FXStreet nor its advertisers. The author will not be held responsible for information that is found at the end of links posted on this page.
If not otherwise explicitly mentioned in the body of the article, at the time of writing, the author has no position in any stock mentioned in this article and no business relationship with any company mentioned. The author has not received compensation for writing this article, other than from FXStreet.
FXStreet and the author do not provide personalized recommendations. The author makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or suitability of this information. FXStreet and the author will not be liable for any errors, omissions or any losses, injuries or damages arising from this information and its display or use. Errors and omissions excepted.
The author and FXStreet are not registered investment advisors and nothing in this article is intended to be investment advice.