Below are some key takeaways from the concluding statement of the IMF's review of the U.S. economy, as reported by LiveSquawk.
- Fed will need to hike faster in light of fiscal stimulus.
- The risk to domestic, global economy boosted by US fiscal policy.
- Sees strong growth, job creation for in near term.
- Sees wages, labor costs growing ‘modestly as slack lessens’.
- US fiscal stimulus is seen providing ‘significant boost’ to US economy, some negative impact in EM’s.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.