In a recently published report, the IMF argued that Italy wouldn't be able to achieve economic growth through fiscal stimulus.
Key quotes (via LiveSquawk)
- Growth has to come through structural reforms.
- Italy must show willingness to deal with underlying problems; does not expect dramatic changes.
- Sees Italy's GDP growth at 1pct in 2019, 0.9pct in 2020.
- Countries with significant vulnerabilities like Italy should prioritise cutting deficit, debt.
- Expansionary fiscal policy could have negative impact on Italy's growth because market reaction would be very unfavourable.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these securities. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Forex involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.