IFO economist, Klaus Wohlrabe commented on Monday's disappointing reading of German IFO business climate index, which fell to 94.3 in August and recorded its weakest reading since November 2012.
• German industrial sector is in a recession, the services sector is now following.
• There will be GDP stagnation at most in Q2 at most.
• The last time industrial companies demonstrated such pessimism was back in 2009.
• Latest developments in trade war not yet reflected by the latest survey.
• The business climate has improved in the auto sector but has significantly worsened in engineering, chemicals and electrics.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.