• The precious metal struggled to build on the overnight positive momentum and was again seen retreating from the top end of a near one-week-old trading range.
• The recent price-action constituted towards the formation of a rectangle, usually seen as continuation pattern but sometimes mark significant trend tops/bottoms.
• The fact that bulls have repeatedly failed ahead of the $1300 psychological mark points to increased selling pressure/long-unwinding pressure at higher levels.
• However, bullish technical indicators on hourly/daily charts remain supportive of persistent dip-buying interest at the lower end of the recent trading band.
• Hence, traders are likely to wait for a convincing breakthrough the mentioned range before positioning aggressively for the commodity's next leg of a directional move.
Today Last Price: 1292.61
Today Daily change: -49 pips
Today Daily change %: -0.0379%
Today Daily Open: 1293.1
Previous Daily SMA20: 1281.08
Previous Daily SMA50: 1249.37
Previous Daily SMA100: 1231.38
Previous Daily SMA200: 1228.91
Previous Daily High: 1295.25
Previous Daily Low: 1276.2
Previous Weekly High: 1297.15
Previous Weekly Low: 1279.35
Previous Monthly High: 1284.7
Previous Monthly Low: 1221.39
Previous Daily Fibonacci 38.2%: 1287.97
Previous Daily Fibonacci 61.8%: 1283.48
Previous Daily Pivot Point S1: 1281.12
Previous Daily Pivot Point S2: 1269.14
Previous Daily Pivot Point S3: 1262.07
Previous Daily Pivot Point R1: 1300.17
Previous Daily Pivot Point R2: 1307.23
Previous Daily Pivot Point R3: 1319.22
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.