The European Union's chief Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier was out with some comments in the last hour, saying that it will indeed be a no-deal Brexit if no positive proposals are made by Britain.
Barnier was further noted saying that the backstop agreement is about reassuring Ireland that there will be no hard border but that reassurances cannot be time-limited.
• If a request for delay is made, it will be up top EU member states to decide.
• The question now is why extend negotiations further, and how much time will be needed.
• If the UK gives compromises on the red lines, we are ready to negotiate.
• If Britain wants more than a free trade agreement, we can clear that up in the future.
• One cannot give any concessions to Britain on EU basic freedom for the internal market.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.