With speaking to Bloomberg TV, Belgium central bank governor and ECB governing council member, Jan Smets was noted saying that the European Central Bank (ECB) would decide on QE before year-end.
• we'll have to make up our minds by end of the year
• we'll not wait until 31 Dec to tell what will happen on 1 Jan
• ECB will look very closely at wage growth
• need to see inflation expectations re-anchored
• Brexit will impact UK more than Euro-zone
• Brexit could be used to deepen EU monetary union
• start of Brexit talks a sad day
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these securities. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Forex involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.