- BTC/USD set the new high of 2019 amid strong bullish momentum.
- Altcoins are also growing strongly amid positive fundamentals.
Cryptocurrency market rallied strongly during late Sunday hours and extended the upside on Monday. The total capitalization of all digital assets in circulation jumped to $269 billion, while an average daily trading volume hit $90 billion by the time of writing.
As the signs of the upcoming mass adoption pile up, the market is more inclined to buy a cryptocurrency and embrace the digital future of money.
"Easier to spend means a greater-use case and a greater level of adoption. The tipping point is likely very close now," Mati Greenspan from eToro commented, as cited by Bloomberg.
Top-3 coins price overview
- Bitcoin is changing hands at $8,740, off the intraday high hit at $8,944. The first digital coin has gained nearly 8% in recent 24 hours amid keen buying interest. While the coin is vulnerable to the downside correction on approach to critical $9,000, a sustainable move higher will unleash a vast bullish potential.
- Ethereum, the second largest digital asset with the current market capitalization of $28.4 billion, is trading at $268. ETH/USD has gained 7.5% in the recent 24 hours. The price tested waters above $272.00 barrier during early Asian hours but failed to keep the ground.
- Ripple's XRP is hovering above $0.4100, with over 7% of gains since this time on Sunday. The coin has retreated from the Asian high of $0.42 amid technical correction.
The biggest market-movers
- TRON (TRZ) and Bitcoin SV (BSV) both gained over 18% in recent 24 hours and became the fastest growing coins out of top-20. TRX is chow changing hands at $0.0327, while one BSV goes for $107.27.
- Litecoin is also doing a week with 11% of gains on a day-on-day basis.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of FXStreet nor its advertisers. The author will not be held responsible for information that is found at the end of links posted on this page.
If not otherwise explicitly mentioned in the body of the article, at the time of writing, the author has no position in any stock mentioned in this article and no business relationship with any company mentioned. The author has not received compensation for writing this article, other than from FXStreet.
FXStreet and the author do not provide personalized recommendations. The author makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or suitability of this information. FXStreet and the author will not be liable for any errors, omissions or any losses, injuries or damages arising from this information and its display or use. Errors and omissions excepted.
The author and FXStreet are not registered investment advisors and nothing in this article is intended to be investment advice.