- Bitcoin's bull trend gaining speed.
- Altcoins are nursing substantial losses.
Bitcoin broke above $6,200 handle at set a new maximum of 2019 at $6,234 amid strong bullish momentum. The trading volumes of the first digital coin are also on the rise, while Bitcoin dominance surpassed 58.00% and hit the highest level since December 2017. At the time of writing, BTC/USD is changing hands at $6,215, gaining nearly 3% in recent 24 hours.
Top-3 coins price overview:
- Notably, Bitcoin (BTC) is the only growing coin out of top-20. All major altcoins are nursing deep day-on-day losses from 1% to 10%.
- Ethereum has recovered from the intraday low of $168.20 to trade above $170.00 by the time of writing. However, the second largest digital asset is still down 1.4% in recent 24 hours.
- Ripple’s XRP finally lost $0.30 to trade at $0.2934. XRP/USD stays close to the Asian low $0.2929.
The biggest market-movers:
- Cosmos (ATOM) is the biggest lower of today. The 15th largest coin has lost over 9% on a day-on-day basis to trade at critical $4.00.
- Tezos (XTZ), Cardano (ADA), Binance Coin (BNB) are all down over 7% in recent 24 hours amid global sell-off and general pivot to Bitcoin on the market.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of FXStreet nor its advertisers.