Additional comments from Fed Board of Governors Vice Chair Richard Clarida cross the wires as he continues to speak at an event in New York.
Key quotes (via Reuters)
- We are attune to potential economic risks that could call for more accommodative policy.
- U.S. inflation data has come in lower than we expected.
- Global slowdown affects U.S. economic data.
- Not concerned about current trading in Fed funds market.
- Would distinguish between a flat treasury yield curve and one that is persistently inverted, says he pays attention to that market.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of FXStreet nor its advertisers.