In its latest monetary policy meeting, the BOE MPC voted unanimously to keep rates unchanged at 0.50% and asset purchase facility at £435 billion and corporate bond target at £10 billion.
Key highlights of the monetary policy statement:
• UK budget to lessen GDP drag relative to previous plans
• EU/UK Progress reduces chance of disorderly Brexit
• It's too early to fully gauge impact of Nov rate hike
• Any rate increases will be limited and gradual
• Brexit progress may support consumer, business confidence
• Q4 economic indicators have been softer than expected
• Modest tightening is likely in the next few years given outlook
• Inflation close to its peak, will decline to 2% target over the medium term
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these securities. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Forex involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.