- Bitcoin and major altcoins recover within the ranges.
- The market lacks momentum.
Cryptocurrency market is a mixed picture on Thursday morning. Bitcoin and all major altcoins attempt a recovery from early losses, though the majority of the coins are still locked in their respective ranges. The total capitalization of all digital assets in circulation increased to $177 billion, from $177 on Wednesday, while an average daily trading volume grew to $41B, compared to $39 billion the day before.
Top-3 coins price overview:
- Bitcoin (BTC) is trading at $5,260 at the time of writing. The coin stayed unchanged both on a day-on-day basis and since the beginning of Wednesday. The short-term trend is neutral as the upside is capped by $5,300 handle.
- Ethereum (ETH) came close to $174 handle during Asian hours, but retraced to $172.20 by the time of writing. The coin has been moving strongly during Asian hours and gained 3% since this time on Wednesday. The second largest coin is heavily overbought, which makes it vulnerable to the downside correction.
- Ripple’s XRP is no less impressive. The third largest digital asset has gained about 4% in recent 24 hours and touched $0.3430. At the time of writing the coin is changing hands marginally below $0.3400 amid strong bullish momentum.
The biggest market-movers:
- Tezos (XTZ) is the best-performing cryptocurrency of the day out of top-20. XTZ has gained over 9% to trade at $1.27 by the time of writing.
- NEO climbed towards $11.26, gaining nearly 3% in recent 24 hours. The coin has been recovering strongly during Asian hours.
- Stellar has grown by 2% to $0.1180, The coin now takes the 9th place in the global cryptocurrency rating.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.