- The market is on the upside quest.
- Bitcoin retraced from intraday high.
- NEM is the growtth leader of the day.
Bitcoin (BTC) and major altcoins continue gaining ground on Thursday. The total capitalization of all digital assets in circulation hit $262 billion from $243 billion on Wednesday, while an average daily trading volume reached $102 billion. Meanwhile, Bitcoin's market share dropped to 55.7% as altcoins seem to be more successful lately.
Top-3 coins price overview:
- Bitcoin is hovering around $8,300, which is over 3% higher from this time on Wednesday. The largest digital coin came close to $8,400 handle and hit a multi-month new high during early Asian hours on Wednesday. The volatility remains high, though the coin is vulnerable to a short-term correction.
- Ethereum, the second biggest digital asset with the market value of over $28.0 billion, is one of the best performers of the day. ETH/USD has gained over 20% in recent 24 hours and nearly 10% since the beginning of Thursday. ETH is changing hands at $272 at press time.
- Ripple's XRP is sitting at $0.4700 with over 9% gains in recent 24 hours and 2.5% on Wednesday. The third largest coin has a total capitalization of $19.8 billion.
The biggest market-movers:
- NEM is an uncontested leader of the day with over 48% of gains in recent 24 hours. NEM now takes 17th place in the cryptocurrency rating with the market value of $930 million. It is changing hands at $0.1033.
- Stellar is also a big mover with over 27% of gains on a day-on-day basis. XLM/USD is trading at $0.1512 and takes the 8th place in the CoinMarketCap's rating.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) climbed towards $8.2 on Thursday, which is 23% higher from this time on Wednesday. The coin is moving within a strong bullish trend amid high volatility.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.