- A risk off session in Asia saw gold and JPY strengthen and weigh on USD.
- Trump placed sanctions on Iranian supreme leader and top officials. Iran says the sanctions mean the diplomatic path has closed forever.
- Ahead of the G20, a senior official claims Trump said Trump is “comfortable with any outcome” from talks with Chinese President Xi Jinping.
- Gold burst to a 6-year high with little in the way of resistance coming from the 2013 high. USD/JPY fell to its lowest level since January’s flash crash. Asian equities broadly lower, led by Hang Seng 1400 and China’s CSI300. US futures all point lower.
- NZD and JPY are the strongest majors, CAD, AUD and USD are the weakest.
CFD and forex trading are leveraged products and can result in losses that exceed your deposits. They may not be suitable for everyone. Ensure you fully understand the risks. From time to time, City Index Limited’s (“we”, “our”) website may contain links to other sites and/or resources provided by third parties. These links and/or resources are provided for your information only and we have no control over the contents of those materials, and in no way endorse their content. Any analysis, opinion, commentary or research-based material on our website is for information and educational purposes only and is not, in any circumstances, intended to be an offer, recommendation or solicitation to buy or sell. You should always seek independent advice as to your suitability to speculate in any related markets and your ability to assume the associated risks, if you are at all unsure. No representation or warranty is made, express or implied, that the materials on our website are complete or accurate. We are not under any obligation to update any such material. As such, we (and/or our associated companies) will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage incurred by you or any third party arising out of, or in connection with, any use of the information on our website (other than with regards to any duty or liability that we are unable to limit or exclude by law or under the applicable regulatory system) and any such liability is hereby expressly disclaimed