- The US dollar remains supported after comments from Powell and Bullard were perceived as less dovish than feared. The weak lead from Wall Street also weighed on Asian equity markets early on.
- NZD is the strongest major after RBNZ held rates and provided only a slightly dovish statement. Still, it paves the way for an August cut with key employment and inflation data arriving just ahead of their next meeting.
- Slight improvement to risk appetite saw gold fall -1.3%, currently its most bearish session in 3 months. USD/CNH nudged its way up to a 5-day high. JPY is the weakest major.
- China has suspended Canadian meat imports from select companies with immediate effect.
- A Senior administration official says Washington will not accept any conditions around the US use of tariffs in trade talks.
- Bitcoin racks $12k to reach its highest level since January 2018.
CFD and forex trading are leveraged products and can result in losses that exceed your deposits. They may not be suitable for everyone. Ensure you fully understand the risks. From time to time, City Index Limited’s (“we”, “our”) website may contain links to other sites and/or resources provided by third parties. These links and/or resources are provided for your information only and we have no control over the contents of those materials, and in no way endorse their content. Any analysis, opinion, commentary or research-based material on our website is for information and educational purposes only and is not, in any circumstances, intended to be an offer, recommendation or solicitation to buy or sell. You should always seek independent advice as to your suitability to speculate in any related markets and your ability to assume the associated risks, if you are at all unsure. No representation or warranty is made, express or implied, that the materials on our website are complete or accurate. We are not under any obligation to update any such material. As such, we (and/or our associated companies) will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage incurred by you or any third party arising out of, or in connection with, any use of the information on our website (other than with regards to any duty or liability that we are unable to limit or exclude by law or under the applicable regulatory system) and any such liability is hereby expressly disclaimed