According to Reuters, OPEC oil producers increasingly favor extending beyond June a pact on reducing crude supply to balance the market, sources within the group said.
Key quotes (via Reuters)
- A growing number of OPEC officials believe it may take longer than six months to reduce stocks
- "An extension is needed to balance the market," an OPEC delegate said. "Any extension of the cut agreement should be with non-OPEC."
- "The ministers will meet in May to decide, but everyone has to be on board," an OPEC source from a major producer said
- "Hard negotiations are on the way," another one of the sources said.
- "It's too early to know whether everyone will agree to this," a source from a non-OPEC participant in the deal said
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these securities. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Forex involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.