Japanese Ecomin Motegi has been crossing the wires this early Asia and has said that they have had a good start to trade discussions with the U.S.
- Talked about goods including agriculture and autos.
- Will meet with Lighthizer again next week.
- Agreed also talk about digital trade in the future.
- Cannot go beyond existing trade agreements on agriculture.
- Have not come to an agreement yet.
- On autos, will move forward in a way that will be win-win.
- Believe 232 won’t be acted upon while trade talks continue.
- Believe that would be a general understanding.
- Agreement will be a package.
- Haven't negated possible talks on article 4 of joint statement.
- U.S. believes that digital trade will come to agreement sooner.
- Would like to get to an early agreement.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.