Bank of Japan's board member Masai has said that the downside risks to Japan's economy, prices have subsided somewhat but remain high.
- Must ease if must ease without hesitation if risks materialise, increase chance economy will lose momentum for hitting price goal.
- It is natural concerns emerging that prolonged global low rates could encourage firms, investors to take on more risk.
- Necessary to continue easing to support growth.
- I am aware of such concerns, including how declining rates of return on pension products could have negative impact on economic activity.
- It is still indispensable that japan persistently continue with current monetary easing to overcome deflation completely.
- BoJ will devise measures considered necessary at the time, conduct policy in appropriate manner with eye on pros, cons of its policy.
- Global economy expected to grow moderately on the whole, though it will take some time for growth pace to pick up.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of FXStreet nor its advertisers.