Market Movers ahead
- We look for the FOMC to announce 'quantitative tightening' and signal one more rate hike this year when it meets on Wednesday.
- We expect EUR manufacturing PMI to show a slight drop from the current strong level as the stronger euro is likely to weigh a bit on euro exports. We also look for a small decline in the German ZEW index.
- Chinese house price inflation for August is likely to show a further moderation as tightening measures are starting to dampen home sales and prices.
- Bank of Japan: we expect it to keep its policy stance unchanged.
- In Scandinavia, the Riksbank's minutes should give more insight into how close the bank is to joining the 'exit' camp. We don't expect any rate change or change to the rate path from Norges Bank at its meeting on Thursday.
Global macro and market themes
- Central bankers look increasingly divided into those in the 'exit' camp (Fed, BoE, ECB), those in the 'no exit camp' (BoJ, SNB), and those in between (Riksbank, Norges Bank).
- While the Fed looks determined to hike in December, it is unlikely to drive a major sell-off in EUR/USD.
This publication has been prepared by Danske Bank for information purposes only. It is not an offer or solicitation of any offer to purchase or sell any financial instrument. Whilst reasonable care has been taken to ensure that its contents are not untrue or misleading, no representation is made as to its accuracy or completeness and no liability is accepted for any loss arising from reliance on it. Danske Bank, its affiliates or staff, may perform services for, solicit business from, hold long or short positions in, or otherwise be interested in the investments (including derivatives), of any issuer mentioned herein. Danske Bank's research analysts are not permitted to invest in securities under coverage in their research sector.
This publication is not intended for private customers in the UK or any person in the US. Danske Bank A/S is regulated by the FSA for the conduct of designated investment business in the UK and is a member of the London Stock Exchange.
Copyright () Danske Bank A/S. All rights reserved. This publication is protected by copyright and may not be reproduced in whole or in part without permission.