- BTC/USD has recovered from the week's lows, but $8,000 remains unconquered.
- Binance Coin is the winner of the day in Asia on Thursday.
The cryptocurrency market is a mixed picture during Asian hours on Thursday as Bitcoin and top-20 altcoins have entered a consolidation phase. The total capitalization of all digital assets in circulation slipped to at $250 billion from $251 billion about this time on Tuesday. An average daily trading volume dropped to $71 billion.
Top-3 coins price overview
- At the time of writing, BTC/USD is hovering marginally above $7,840, mostly unchanged both on a day-on-day basis and since the beginning of Thursday trading. The most important digital asset has recovered from June 4 low of $7,437, though it is still well below a critical $8,000 handle.
- Ethereum, the second largest digital asset with the current market capitalization of $26 billion, is changing hands at $246, gaining 1.7% in recent 24 hours.
- Ripple's XRP stays marginally above $0.40 at the time of writing after an initial attempt to break below this psychological handle. The third largest coin is locked in a tight range, unchanged both on a day-on-day basis and since the start of Thursday.
The biggest market-movers
- Binance Coin (BNB) is the growth leader, with nearly 6% of gains in recent 24 hours. The 7th largest cryptocurrency with the current market capitalization of $4.4 billion is changing hands at $31.5 with a bullish bias.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) is also doing well. The 4th largest coin has gained nearly 3$ in recent 24 hours to trade at $397 by press time.
BEST BROKERS TO TRADE CRYPTO
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.