- Bitcoin has settled under $5,500 handle.
- Altcoins lead the decline.
The Bitcoin and the vast majority of altcoins are in the red zone, consolidating losses after a strong sell-off on Wednesday. The total capitalization of all digital assets in circulation crashed to at $177 billion from $181 billion this time on Wednesday. The average daily trading volume reached $55B.
Top-3 coins price overview:
- Bitcoin (BTC) is changing hands at $5,438, locked in a tight range under $5,500 handle. The coin is down nearly 3% from this time on Wednesday and unchanged since the beginning of the day. The short-term trend is bearish with expanding volatility.
- Ethereum (ETH) stays marginally above $164.00 handle, down 2.8% from this time on Wednesday. ETH is deeply oversold, moving within a bearish trend amid shrinking volatility.
- Ripple’s XRP has settled at $0.3000 after a strong sell-off on Wednesday. The coin has lost 5.5% in recent 24 hours. The coin has been moving within a short-term bearish trend.
The biggest market-movers:
- Tezos (XTZ) has lost over 8% of day-on-day losses and became the worst-performing coin out of top-20. XTZ/USD is changing hands at $1.26. Now it takes the 15th place in the global cryptocurrency rating.
- EOS is the second worst-performing cryptocurrency. The coin has lost over 6% of its value in recent 24 hours to trade at $4.83 at the time of writing.
- Binance Coin has regain some ground after Wednesday’s sell-off to trade at $23.23 at the time of writing. It is the best result of the day among top-20 coins.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of FXStreet nor its advertisers.