Dallas Fed President Robert Kaplan recently crossed the wires arguing the base case for the policy outlook was for the Fed to take no action through June.
Key quotes (via Reuters)
- Fed shouldn’t take action on rates for now, should ‘get out of the way’.
- Pausing is ‘the right thing to do’.
- Concerned by slower global growth.
- Seeing signs of weakness in housing.
- Expects US economy to slow in 2019 as fiscal stimulus wanes.
- Sees 2% GDP growth in 2019.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.