We Really Trade.
If you want to learn how to trade, improve your trading, or just follow us in the markets, you are in the right place. Here you can find trade ideas, and those trade decisions explained, for all levels, from beginner to advanced. The track record is based on real trading, with an accumulated sum of +14.000 pips, with a frequency of 1.6 trades per day since March 2015.
LONG 4,239 EUR
SHORT 3,904 EUR
Positioning and Strategy
- I'll be looking to increase longs as we correct upwards, but with a degree of realism: this trend may not end for some time and maybe we are not going to see major corrections. Therefore we are prepared to keep managing both long and short exposures as we go further down;
- The ideal setup would involve a correction to 1.0800. On the way up some of the short positions opened at 1.0768, 1.0766, 1.0754 would be liquidated while in profit, and some new longs opened with clear intraday closings above 1.0660, targeting 1.0850;
- But if we don't get that correction, we will increase the shorts with fresh lows in the exchange rate, stapeling shorts on all the way to 1.0290;
Updated 2nd, 13:42 CET
Charts we are looking at
- As mentioned a few days ago EURUSD had the potential to become a corrective and overlapping affair. But we also stated we were preparing for the alternate scenario, a pullback below last weeks floor;
- On the back of that bearish assumption, we constructed a chart showing, at one hand, a Fibonacci-tool anchored at 1.0290 to make sense of the declining price action with its shallow retracements from the US elections reaction high, as a means to come up with a tentative target in case the EUR/USD resumes its graceful downward trajectory;
- On the other hand, the chart shows a series of smaller ascending channel lines, from which the pair rolled over this morning. These lines provide the structure to increase our longs;
- Because today's price faltered at a former support around 1.0670 it makes the rally tepid as to qualify as a forced short squeeze. That situation would have brought back the EURUSD to 1.0800 very quickly;
- Traders are talking the short covering ahead of Italian vote was done on purpose amidst a sentiment which is, by the way, not burdened with the usual negativity we see in the euro. Note FXStreet's FXPoll ended the week with only 57% bearish views for the short-term (36% bulls, 7% sideways) on the EUR/USD.
Studies we are looking at
The purpose of the trading positions table is to provide a glance as to how FXStreet dedicated contributors are currently positioned in the market. Trading signals as well as buy/sell interest are aggregated in order to find liquidity clusters. It is updated several times per day with the newest positions in 16 currency pairs and gold spot.
The widget will take into account how liquidity is provided in the form of limit orders and how the same liquidity will be absorbed by the activation of stop orders and take profits. Latent interest will be also taken into account as well as put-call options data. The positions are automatically checked each 15 minutes and deleted from the system when liquidated by market movements.
Total pips: 14,859
Max DD: 25%
Avg pips/day: 35
Win rate: 94%
Avg win: 47 pips
Avg loss: 310 pips
Updated 30th Nov. 2016
The Method Explained
The trading methodology is technical discretionary with strong enphasis on risk management: control of used and available margin, effective leverage, and position sizing. It is meant to capture the most amount of pips from the constant intraday price oscillations in the EUR/USD while keeping the floating draw down at bay. There is no use of stop loss orders for each trade, instead, the risk is managed as a whole, for the entire position.
To learn more about the method, you can watch the below webinars:
Before starting to work at FXStreet.com in 2008, I was already following the site. Almost everything I learned about trading was through FXStreet. I've learned from many of its dedicated contributors and was particularly inspired by a few of them. What you see in this page is the result of all these years of experience and learning.
I've become a product of FXStreet. A profitable one..