Welcome to the FXstreet Coastline trading strategy.
WARNING Do not try this strategy unless you fully understand how Coastline trading works. Learn more
THEMES AFECTING THE EUR/USD
These themes are taken from the Advisory Opinon Aggregator. At FXStreet, we read all the material published at our site and pick the key bearish and a bullish arguments expressed by our dedicated contributors on several asset classes.
I use these themes as a guide for my long-term positioning and control of exposure. I'm currently biased towards a bearish development in the EUR/USD based on the below arguments.
The coastline trading method
The first version of our coastline trading methodology was presented in 2015 in a webinar at FXStreet.com. To be in a position to make an updated version of the methodology two years later is a sign of success. Two years is a long time in the Forex market, where the average life of a aspirant trader is only 6 months.
Because of its contrarian approach or invitation to go a less travelled road, the initiative was received with lots of excepticism.
- Can you imagine making money with a strategy that infra leverages each trade?
- Could you build a robust track record using a risk to reward ratio of 50 to 1 or worse?
- Could you sustain a permanent draw down, sometimes of 40% or worse, and still make money?
- Do you conceive beating the markets without using stop loss orders?
- And why don't giving a damn about high probability trades?
- And still we are going strong doing all these things.
Being a reference site in the Forex industry, we have the chance to talk to many traders. Most of them are smart people, knowledgeable about so many facets of financial markets and trading. And yet, so many are struggling and losing in the end.
If you ask me to summarize this coastline trading approach in a few words I would say:
This is more about money management that timing the market and finding the perfect trade.
It's a method which will keep you alive for much longer so you gain the necessary experience to take off. It's the perfect choice to trade currencies which behave different than other asset classes.
To learn more about the method, you can watch the below webinars: