U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin is now crossing the wires while speaking before the Senate Committee on Banking Housing and Urban Affairs, with the key quotes, via Reuters, found below:
- I believe that a goal of 3% GDP or higher economic growth is achievable if we make historic reforms to both taxes and regulation
- We are committed to rethinking our foreign agreements and trading practices to ensure that they are both free and fair to American businesses and workers
- There are about 100 people working at the Treasury on the issue of tax reform
- On regulatory reform, Treasury is preparing its initial report in response to the President's Executive Order on 'Core Principles for Regulating the United States Financial System'
- The first few months of this Administration have been significant
- We have been working hard at the Treasury to develop and implement policy that will allow the economy to grow
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these securities. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Forex involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.