U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin is now crossing the wires while speaking before the Senate Committee on Banking Housing and Urban Affairs, with the key quotes, via Reuters, found below:
- I believe that a goal of 3% GDP or higher economic growth is achievable if we make historic reforms to both taxes and regulation
- We are committed to rethinking our foreign agreements and trading practices to ensure that they are both free and fair to American businesses and workers
- There are about 100 people working at the Treasury on the issue of tax reform
- On regulatory reform, Treasury is preparing its initial report in response to the President's Executive Order on 'Core Principles for Regulating the United States Financial System'
- The first few months of this Administration have been significant
- We have been working hard at the Treasury to develop and implement policy that will allow the economy to grow