Speaking on CNBC, thanking the Senate for their swift action, for which he and Trump are could not be more pleased with the absolute unanimous support on a bipartisan basis to get this done, US Treasury Secretary Sec Mnuchin warned: "we are facing a specific issue and not like the financial crisis."
- We will be determined to get money in the pockets within the next three weeks.
- Spoken with Pelosi and Mccarthy today about stimulus.
- Expects House to take up the stimulus bill tomorrow.
- Jobless claims numbers are 'not relevant right now'.
- Says again, in ‘best interest’ to keep markets open and;
- Could consider limiting trading hours, ‘says it is ‘not his preference’.
The markets are trading on stimulus updats and ignoring data such as today's shocker in the jobless claims, which was well telegraphed.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of FXStreet nor its advertisers.