The U.S. Census Bureau announced advance estimates of U.S. retail and food services sales for November 2018 and below are some of the key takeaways from the report released this Friday.
• Advance estimates of U.S. retail and food services sales for November 2018 were $513.5 billion, an increase of 0.2 percent from the previous month, and 4.2 percent above November 2017.
• Total sales for the September 2018 through November 2018 period were up 4.3 percent from the same period a year ago.
• The September 2018 to October 2018 percent change was revised from up 0.8 percent to up 1.1 percent.
• Retail trade sales were up 0.3 percent from October 2018, and 4.0 percent above last year.
• Nonstore Retailers were up 10.8 percent from November 2017, while Gasoline Stations were up 8.2 percent from last year.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.