Following his meeting with Chinese Vice Premier Liu, President Trump told reporters that there was a very good chance that a deal could be made.
Key quotes (via Reuters)
- He and China's Xi will ultimately make the biggest decisions on trade.
- We expect to have a meeting in the not too distant future.
- He and Xi will perhaps work out the final points and perhaps not.
- U.S. and China are having very good talks on trade.
- If there is a deal, tariffs will not have to go up.
- We are doing well for farmers, it will be the biggest farm deal ever made.
- The relationship has been good, but who knows whether a deal will be made.
- Will discuss final terms with Xi.
- The round of negotiations has been extended because of the progress being made.
- If he sees progress being made, it would not be inappropriate to extend the March 1 deadline and he would be inclined to do that.
- Any extension of trade deadline would not have to be long.
- We may or may not include Huawei and Zte in the deal with China.
- We have a deal with China on currency manipulation.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.