According to the latest news, flashing on the wires via Xinhua News Agency, the US and Chinese officials have been reported to have reached consensus on some areas of trade dispute.
• Still have relatively big disputes on some issues.
• Willing to maintain close communications on relevant issues.
• To resolve trade dispute via dialouge.
• Both parties willing to set up mechanism on relevant issues.
• US, China exchanged opinions on expanding US exports to China and bilateral services trade.
• Also exchanged opinions on solving tariffs and non-tariff measures.
The news followed the WSJ report, citing unnamed officials familiar with trade negotiations, that China wasn't happy with the US trade delegations' proposals and termed it as "unfair".
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of FXStreet nor its advertisers.