The UK government released its analysis of Brexit scenarios this Wednesday and here are some of the key highlights:
• May's Brexit plan reduces GDP by 2.1% to 3.9% in 15 years time.
• Government modelling is based on impact in 15 years' time.
• May's modelled plan is better than a regular free trade agreement.
• But is worse than the UK choosing to stay in the EEA.
• Says that Chequers plan - which the EU rejects - has the least impact on GDP.
• No-deal Brexit would mean the economy is 7.7% smaller in 15 years time than if UK stayed in EU.
• The no-deal Brexit assumes no change to migration rules and some non-tariff barriers.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.