The UK Finance Minister Philip Hammond was out on the wires, with some comments on today's UK GDP release, saying that we want economic growth to be higher than the latest figures.
• The UK must invest in productivity to improve trend growth and get higher wages.
• This is a difficult period for the UK economy with Brexit uncertainty.
• Brexit uncertainty is having a "depressing effect" on UK growth.
• Sooner we can get past this, the better.
• Chances are we will get a Brexit trade deal.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.