According to the latest headlines floating on the wires, quoting senior Trump administration officials, the US President Donald Trump decided against the harshest measures on China Investments.
• Trump won't invoke national emergency law on China.
• Trump to use CFIUS to respond to China's technology theft.
• CFIUS is the best approach to protect US technology.
• Seeks to keep investment environment in the US open.
• China must address technology theft.
• Will modify US export controls to strengthen them if Commerce Department review finds that necessary.
The headlines triggered a global wave of risk-on trade, with the USD/JPY pair surging through the very important 200-day SMA to a fresh weekly high level of 110.35.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these securities. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Forex involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.