The Bank of Japan tankan survey came out with the big non-manufacturers index worsened for the first time in 2 quarters.
A BoJ official: Manufacturers of various sectors said us-china trade tensions, overseas slowdown hurting sentiment - Some retailers, transport firms, restaurants voiced concern over potential impact of sales tax.
- Japan Tankan large mfg index 3q: 5 (est 1 ; prev 7).
- Japan Tankan large non-mfg index 2Q: 21 (est 20 ; prev 23).
- Japan Tankan large mfg outlook 3Q: 2 (est 1 ; prev 7).
- Japan Tankan large non-mfg outlook 3Q: 15 (est 16 ; prev 17).
- Japan Tankan large all industry capex 3Q: 6.6% (est 7.0% ; prev 7.4%).
- Japan Tankan small mfg index 3Q: -4 (est -6 ; prev -1).
- Japan Tankan small non-mfg index 3Q: 10 (est 8 ; prev 10).
- Japan Tankan small mfg outlook 3Q: -9 (est -8 ; prev -5).
- Japan Tankan small non-mfg outlook 3Q: 1 (est 1 ; prev 3).
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.