Lloyd Blankfein, CEO of Goldman Sachs is on Bloomberg Daybreak: Asia, commenting on the Trump budget, specifically the 1.5 trillion dollar fiscal stimulus included in the bill.
- Might not be the right time for stimulus spending
- 'Probably' wouldn't have made that decision himself
- Akin to throwing gas on a fire that's already burning
- It might work, but probably not worth the risk
- Would have to cancel spending if inflation overheats, which is a bad political move
- Would have to rely on monetary policy to keep inflation in check instead of natural economy
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.