Below are the key highlights from the Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell interview with Marketplace's Kai Ryssdal.
- Inflation has very gradually moved up and it's now just touching 2 percent. So we're really close to our target.
- I wouldn't say we've fully achieved it yet. We're not declaring victory there.
- If we leave rates too low for too long, then we can have too high inflation or we can have asset bubbles or housing bubbles.
- We are hearing a rising level of concern about the effects of changes in trade policy.
- It's very difficult to predict how it turns out and we'll just have to see.
- Longer term, it is widely understood that the United States is on an unsustainable fiscal path.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.