Fed's Vice Chairman Stanley Fischer is hitting the wires, via Reuters, arguing that the depreciating dollar is helping the U.S. economy.
Key quotes (via Reuters):
- Seeing positive changes through much of world economy
- Two more rate hikes in 2017 still seems appropriate
- Bond portfolio run-off will have effect on economy
- France exit from EU 'would be a very big thing'
- We would not take trump's statement on dollar into account in making policy
- Asked about dodd-frank rollback plans, warns we seem to have forgotten about financial crisis
- Very dangerous to remove key protections enacted in wake of financial crisis