Fed's Vice Chairman Stanley Fischer is hitting the wires, via Reuters, arguing that the depreciating dollar is helping the U.S. economy.
Key quotes (via Reuters):
- Seeing positive changes through much of world economy
- Two more rate hikes in 2017 still seems appropriate
- Bond portfolio run-off will have effect on economy
- France exit from EU 'would be a very big thing'
- We would not take trump's statement on dollar into account in making policy
- Asked about dodd-frank rollback plans, warns we seem to have forgotten about financial crisis
- Very dangerous to remove key protections enacted in wake of financial crisis
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these securities. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Forex involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.