Dallas Fed President, Richard Fisher, speaking to Bloomberg TV said that the US economy is heading in direction of inflation target and in order to prevent any high inflationary pressure, the Fed will do what it has to do.
• 2-3 rate-hikes is roughly in line with what we expect
• Decisions are made based on the economy, not politics
• Looking at cause of slowdown in productivity growth
• Wage growth not far off from expectations
• Wage growth ‘has started happening’
• Reiterates rates hikes to be gradual
• US economy expected to Expand at a ‘reasonable rate’
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these securities. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Forex involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.