In an interview with CNBC, St. Louis Fed President James Bullard noted that the January jobs data was very strong.
Key quotes (via Reuters)
- Banks reserve demand will be larger than expected.
- Looking for some yield curve steepening.
- Economic growth slowdown does not necessarily mean anything negative.
- Should not presume Fed move one way or other.
- Time to wait and see how economy develops.
- Hopeful of decision soon on balance sheet size.
- Global economic situation not as robust as hoped.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of FXStreet nor its advertisers.