Additional comments from Raphael Bostic, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, are now crossing the wires as he responds to questions at Mississippi Council on Economic Education.
Key quotes (via Reuters)
- Will wait and see data before deciding if fourth rate hike this year is appropriate.
- Still some uncertainty about whether the U.S. economy is at full employment.
- No risk of overheating there is a possibility for the Fed to be more patient in rate increases.
- Open to possibility that neutral rate of interest may have moved higher.
- Contacts in business do not give impression that economy is about to overheat.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.