Below are some of the key highlights from the European Central Bank (ECB) Monetary Policy Meeting Accounts (minutes), published this Thursday.
• Rate guidance strikes balance between precision and flexibility.
• Given the uncertainty, it is prudent to leave the end of QE conditional on incoming data.
• Interest rates to stay at current levels, as long as needed, in order to raise inflation towards the target.
• Open-ended character of interest rate guidance should be emphasized.
• Governing council saw the impact of asset purchases on inflation as waning.
• Widely cautioned that slowdown was likely to extend into Q2 for some countries, implying near-term risks.
• Policymakers were in unanimous support of policy proposals.
• Risks to growth outlook are broadly balanced even if global risk factors increasingly prominent.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these securities. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Forex involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.