- XMR/USD corrects from fresh half-yearly highs hit on Saturday.
- Technical outlook across the time frames favor the bulls.
- Coin ditches its other crypto peers, trades in the green.
Monero (XMR), the 14th largest cryptocurrency with the current market capitalization of $ 1.68 billion and an average trading volume of $167 million, is leading the pack of top 20 widely traded cryptocurrencies this Saturday. The coin has gained almost 2% over the last 24 hours, bucking the bearish momentum seen across the crypto space. At the time of writing, XMR/USD trades near the 95.25 region, having hit the highest levels in six months at 96.78 in the last hour.
XMR/USD, 1-hour chart
- An ascending triangle breakout was confirmed earlier today, pattern target lies at 100.49.
- Hourly Relative Strength Index (RSI) takes a U-turn for just beneath the overbought territory, looking to test the mid-line at 50.0.
- Correction from multi-month tops likely to extend in the near-term.
- Bullish 21-HMA offers immediate support at 94.50 while the next support awaits at 50-HMA of 93.25.
XMR/USD, daily chart
- No. 14 coin portrays a potential rounding bottom formation.
- A break above 97.91 needed to validate the pattern, with the target seen at 151.83 over the next six months.
- The spot trades above all the key Daily Simple Moving Averages (DMA).
- Daily Relative Strength Index (RSI) consolidates in the overbought territory, with further room for upside.
- All in all, any corrective downside in a bargain-buying opportunity for the XMR bulls.
XMR/USD technical levels to watch
|Today last price||95.2509|
|Today Daily Change||0.4277|
|Today Daily Change %||0.45|
|Today daily open||94.9132|
|Previous Daily High||95.1302|
|Previous Daily Low||90.9657|
|Previous Weekly High||95.5428|
|Previous Weekly Low||80.4637|
|Previous Monthly High||75.9505|
|Previous Monthly Low||44.3395|
|Daily Fibonacci 38.2%||93.5394|
|Daily Fibonacci 61.8%||92.5566|
|Daily Pivot Point S1||92.2092|
|Daily Pivot Point S2||89.5052|
|Daily Pivot Point S3||88.0446|
|Daily Pivot Point R1||96.3737|
|Daily Pivot Point R2||97.8342|
|Daily Pivot Point R3||100.5382|
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of FXStreet nor its advertisers.