- Litecoin returns to the red in tandem with its crypto peers.
- Technical picture paints rangebound to bearish outlook in near-term.
The sixth most widely traded cryptocurrency, Litecoin (LTC/USD), with a market capitalization of $ 2.82 billion, is back in the red zone on Saturday after two straight days of tepid bounce. A fresh selling wave across the crypto markets dragged the prices lower. Despite the latest knockdown, the coin remains in a familiar trading range between $ 45 and $ 43. At the press time, the price trades near daily lows of 43.99, down 1% on the day while rising nearly 0.80% over the last 24 hours.
LTC/USD 1-hour chart
- Bears return on a failure to take-out stiff resistance just below the 45 handle.
- The coin tests key $ 43.90 support, the confluence of 61.8% Fib level of Friday’s rebound, horizontal 100-HMA and bullish 50-HMA.
- A breach of the last will trigger heavy selling towards nine-month lows of $ 42.35.
- A break above the horizontal 200HMA at $ 44.65 is needed for a bullish reversal.
LTC/USD daily chart
- Selling pressure remains intact, as prices remain below the descending trendline resistance at $ 44.50.
- Further, the bearish 21-DMA at $ 45.50 will continue to cap the recovery attempts.
- The path of least resistance remains to the downside amid a lack of significant demand area.
LTC/USD Levels to watch
|Today last price||44.0525|
|Today Daily Change||-0.4391|
|Today Daily Change %||-0.99|
|Today daily open||44.4916|
|Previous Daily High||44.5826|
|Previous Daily Low||43.4754|
|Previous Weekly High||46.3719|
|Previous Weekly Low||42.8434|
|Previous Monthly High||66.2492|
|Previous Monthly Low||42.351|
|Daily Fibonacci 38.2%||44.1596|
|Daily Fibonacci 61.8%||43.8983|
|Daily Pivot Point S1||43.7838|
|Daily Pivot Point S2||43.076|
|Daily Pivot Point S3||42.6767|
|Daily Pivot Point R1||44.8909|
|Daily Pivot Point R2||45.2903|
|Daily Pivot Point R3||45.9981|
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of FXStreet nor its advertisers.