- Bitcoin has settled above a vital barrier of $9,000.
- NEO the best-performing altcoin with over 4% of gains since the beginning of Monday.
The cryptocurrency market has been growing actively since last Friday, June 14. The total market capitalization increased to $228 billion; an average daily trading volume surged to $75 billion amid growing volatility.
Top-3 coins price overview
- BTC/USD settled above $9,000 after a sharp upside move to $9,386 on Sunday. While the first digital coin failed to keep the ground, the trend remains bullish as long as the price stays above $9,000. A the time of writing, BTC/USD is changing hands at $9,095.
- Ethereum, the second largest digital asset with the current market capitalization of $29.1 billion, touched $273 handle during early Asian hours before retreating towards $269 by the time of writing. The coin has gained nearly 2% in recent 24 hours and stayed unchanged since the beginning of Monday trading.
- Ripple's XRP has settled well above $0.42, as an upside momentum has gained traction. The third largest coin with the current market capitalization of $18.5, has grown by 6% from this time on Sunday to trade at $0.4286 by press time.
The biggest market-movers
- NEO is the best-performing cryptocurrency on Monday. The 17th largest coin with the market value of $1 billion is changing hands at $14.66, which is over 4% higher from the beginning of the day.
- IOTA (IOT), Monero (XMR), Stellar (XML), EOS has gained over 4% in recent 24 hours driving the market higher.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of FXStreet nor its advertisers.